As of right now, everyone will be coming home tomorrow! Katie and Wylie are doing great. The car seats came in today and Wylie has already passed his stress test; Katie is too small for the seat and we are going to have to buy a temporary preemie seat tomorrow morning; Maggie is iffy and the nurse in charge has to make the call tomorrow. Maggie is also going home on a monitor for her heartbeat. Although the drops are completely normal for preemies and they usually correct themselves immediately, doctors want to be extra careful. She wasn't too interested in her bottles this afternoon but I have gotten her to finish two this evening so far. Earlier I wasn't sure she was ready to leave yet but spending this much time tonight makes me feel much better.
The hospital has allowed me to room in with all three babies tonight and I am completely in charge of their care. It is about 1:15 a.m. right now and of course I can't sleep. All three babies are in bassinets beside me and it feels wonderful. Of course, they are being quiet which will probably change once we get home but tonight they are perfect. Aaron is coming up first thing in the morning to help with the discharge.
Well...next feeding is in thirty minutes. Going to rest and then get ready to do it all over. I guess this is my new life for awhile!
8 comments:
What exciting news!! They have done so well. Getting them home and safe will feel so good.
Please limit visitors to prevent them from getting sick with respiratory viruses as well as you and Aaron. Especially, keep young school-age children away. I know it will be difficult but it will be the best for the babies. (ask MD about possible need for Synagis vaccines) RSV season is here.
Good luck.
Much love to all,
Patsy
YAY! That is so awesome, Karen and Aaron! You will love being home with those babies.
Yall are in my prayers and thoughts.
Much love!
Amy
YEAH!! WOW! I'm so thrilled for y'all! Please call when you want little footprints done...we'll be in and out in 15 minutes...eventhough that will be really hard! You can do this...can't wait to see you!
Meghan
Karen,
As to the above poster said... my girls qualified for that vaccine, but it was rather expensive for them both. Just wanted to prepare you for the price tag on that one! :) And yours would be times three!
And as to someone with school-aged children, I will not bring mine by or bring myself (since I live with my filthy, sick kids--as others imply) if that will make you and others telling you what to do feel better.
I am glad you are able to bring them home. That has to feel so good! I know you have waited a long for this day! How fun! :)
Let me know what I can do from a distance! :) One day I will get my hands on them. (I guess when my kids are college-aged!)
Love to all 5 of you!
Anna
PS... I wrote all this because from this moment on you are going to have WAY too many people telling you what to do. YOU do WHAT you want to do!!!!! :) They are your babies and your family! You will find you will have a lot of chiefs trying to run everything for you. Listen to what you want to...and do what you want! All the advice will begin to really stress you out! :)
And that my dear Karen is the only advice I will give you... they are yours -- do what you want! :)
XOXO!
Anna
Whatever...just put up more pictures.
i hope the rooming in went well! congrats on the impending homecoming...can't wait to see the pics!
The entire Mumford team is pretty amazing!! I am so happy and excited for you guys! I love you! Tosya
We cannot wait to hear how it is going with them all at home! How exciting. It feels real now, huh??
Want to hear...and Happy First Halloween Mumford Kiddies!! :)
Love,
Anna
Post a Comment