He sure hated to leave us! He is one good Daddy and I just continue to fall more in love with him as I watch how much he cares for me and the babies. Another wonderful growth in our family that continues to amaze me.
After lunch, Mom got to hold Katie for the first time (actually, this was the first time she held any of the babies). A bit nervous at first, but I think she did great. Katie sure did enjoy it! Also, we were able to put on the caps that Mom brought and Sharon monogrammed for us. Thank you so much Sharon....I LOVE THEM!!!!
Around 3:30 we headed over to Dr. Bivens office to get my staples removed. Kathleen finally got to see the practice. Also, our nurse was able to reassure Mom that the swelling in my feet was absolutely normal - should last another week or so and then will be back to normal. Got on the scale also...not quite back to pre-pregnancy weight (only down 14 lbs - pretty disappointing!)
We all decided to stay busy so Mom, Kathleen and I attended our first learning session tonight at the hospital. Hosted by March of Dimes, we learned the "Top Ten Important Things to Learn before bringing Baby Home." It was a good class and covered things like the importance of breastfeeding, how they no longer encourage cobedding and explanations on the Back to Sleep Campaign. They also talked about how cigarettes contain over 25,000 chemicals and even having the smell on clothing is dangerous...especially for preemies. The hospital offers these courses weekly and I hope to attend as many as possible. The more we learn - the better.
Here are some current pictures of the trio....
Kathleen holding Wylie
Maggie looking very alert this evening
Look who just arrived...and look at the tie!!!! How perfect!!! Aaron said that the Commission announced the birth and everyone stood up to cheer. What a great night.
4 comments:
those hats are beautiful! glad to hear things are continuing to go well!
Karen this is just so precious. It is so awesome to read your blog. :) Amazing how life changes in so many ways with the births of sweet babies. I am in awe of you as a Mother and I know you will continue to be so wonderful at it. God gives us only what we can handle, and you are handling this with such grace! You are so good already with three babies! Libby hopes to meet them all one day. :)
Love, Amy
Karen & Aaron,
This is a great blog! I've enjoyed reading about your journey. The babies are absolutely beautiful. I'm so happy for you (and those grandmommas!). Thank you for providing us with a window into this very special time in your lives. Cindee O
Karen,
I am so glad that you are feeling better. The babies look beautiful. Wish I could come visit them.
Take it easy and allow your body time to relax and heal.
Tell everyone Hello for us and give the babies a kiss from Aunt Patsy.
Patsy and family
Post a Comment