Saturday, November 1, 2008

I know everyone is ready for a new post!

As you can imagine, this week has probably been one of the busiest in our lives! I really wanted to post earlier but finding the time has proven to be somewhat harder than I thought! All three babies were discharged together on Tuesday and we have been home getting used to things. They are on a three hour schedule which means Aaron or I are pretty much always awake. It is amazing how quick three hours passes before having to do things all over!

Each baby is doing fantastic! Maggie still has her monitor on and it has gone off a couple of times. It scares us but she has self corrected before we ever even reach her. Sometimes it is an accelerated or decrease in heartbeats, sometimes she holds her breath too long - all are pretty common for preemies. Wylie and Katie continue to finish every bottle in record time and are really growing! Wylie is now over 5lbs (5.4). Katie has proven to be the leader of the bunch and is usually the first to wake up and want to be fed. Wylie is much more laid back and just loves to be held. He had a weekend full of football with Aaron as the two just hung out up front and napped together. Sweet little Maggie is the most patient. Since she has the monitor, she has been pretty much limited to the nursery. She is also the slowest eater so she usually gets her bottle last so we have the time to spend with her. Even with these challenges, she never cries....just patiently waits her turn.

All in all, Aaron and I are very tired but doing great. Aaron has been wonderful with helping out on the feedings and usually starts his day with the 4:00 a.m. We both sleep whenever able which seems to be working. My mom has been coming over during weekdays to help with the babies and she even still cooks home cooked meals for us which is always delicious - I was afraid that was just a pregnancy perk! But anyway...here is what everyone wants to see :)


The two sisters....Katie on the left and Maggie on the right



All three snug as a bug!



Wylie


Maggie


Katie




7 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

so, so precious!

Lea said...

Glad to hear that everyone is home and healthy. Now the real fun begins. The first year is all about survival. Sleep is in your future, it's just a little ways off! LOL!
Congrats momma! Let me know when you are up for a visitor. I'm here to help if you need me.

Amy and Matt Certain said...

We are in love with these babies!!!!! That picture of them snuggled-I want to snuggle with them too! So happy for yall!

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Aww, they look great! Amazing how different the girls look, at least to someone that's NOT their mom! I'm glad they all came home together so you didn't have to worry about whoever was still at the hospital. Take care and hope sleep comes your way in greater amounts in the near future. I know, I know, as a parent of multiples 'near future' is a term that means next to nothing :-)

color me happy said...

So happy they love the nursery so much! Hope to meet them soon...
Meghan

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute!
DuAnn has had some probs last week with cord blood flow to Baby A. She is still at home on bedrest and they are monitoring her every three days. If it gets to reverse flow they will hospitalize her and monitor her from there, perhaps having to deliver all three.
Needless to say, we are a bit anxious here. Today she is 29w3d.
Please pray for her and the babies, and tell your mom to also.
Your babies are absolutely perfect!
Mary

The Becklets said...

Absolutely adorable! Congratulations on having all 3 home. Enjoy every minute with them!
Patty