The babies continue to develop exceptionally well. Each are now following sights and sounds with their eyes and are beginning to sleep a tad bit longer during the nights (getting close to four hour stretches now). They are drinking almost 3oz per feeding and are really getting heavy. At the doctors on Monday, this was their weights:
There really is a difference in picking them up now. They are almost out of the preemie size diapers and the preemie clothes only fit Katie now. Also, I would like to note so I can chuckle later down the road....nails! OK...keeping track of one baby's finger and toe nails is one thing but I never put together the chore in keeping up with three! That is THIRTY fingernails AND THIRTY toenails! I never realized the ongoing task this would be! Another side note - I had always pictured the three dressed in coordinating outfits...impossible! Not only do they spit up on their outfits before I get the next one dressed, it is next to impossible to keep THEIR outfits matching! My poor children...they look like a bunch mismatched orphans with various tops and bottoms being put together! I am hoping this gets better with time.
Being the week of Thanksgiving, I have been reflecting on how fortunate we are and how great a year it has been. What a Thanksgiving it is! I would have never dreamed that we would have a house FULL of children this time last year! I am so grateful and am looking forward to having a very special evening with the five of us! We have decided to stay home and have dinner here. I will do my best to make it as beautiful and wonderful as Kathleen usually does in Houston - even though I know it won't even be close. The last time I attempted setting the table like she does, my centerpiece went up in flames and ended up in the kitchen sink doused with water! Thanksgiving is always a special time of year we usually spend with Aaron's parents and family and we will definitely be missing them. Perhaps next year we will be able to travel again. If they won't mind three one year olds running around!
Here are some updated pics for everyone! Hopefully it won't be so long before next post!
Three peas in a pod!
Aaron holding Maggie after being at the office. The best treat to come home to!

Kisses - she is really hungry and pretending Daddy's nose is a bottle! Oh well....
Kisses - she is really hungry and pretending Daddy's nose is a bottle! Oh well....
Maggie and Wylie holding hands during Sunday Football with Daddy
5 comments:
Love the picture with Dad!
The carseats in the car is a great picture. Isn't it funny how fast the clock moves once kids arrive? Heck, I can remember this time last year and it really doesn't feel like a year has gone by. I am glad (not as much as you are I bet!) they are sleeping longer. I hope you all have a lovely Thanksgiving-it may not be with the family you are used to spending it with, but a brand new one! And so the traditions begin. Happy Happy Thanksgiving!
oh my goodness, look at all of that sweetness!
Aaron looks so much more rested...:)Reading and seeing what we have to look forward!
Mary Mama of another triplet Mama :)
Hope your pictures went well this morning. It is one of the best things you can do! My first set of twins were preemies, plus our first as parents, so I didn't get pictures of them (by a photographer) until they were nearly 9 months old. I really regret that. The second set (and my singleton) I took them at 3 weeks and they are my most favorite pictures. BTW-Robin is my friend (our kids all play soccer together...she posted a comment yesterday!)
Post a Comment