Sunday, November 16, 2008

All Caught Up!

Feeling much better since last post! Had a weekend of bouncing back and forth caring for babies with Aaron and was able to get a little rest here and there.

The babies are growing so fast and quickly approaching their due date which, from what I understand, ends the preemie stage and begins a whole other ballgame. The days when they were first born and still in the hospital are becoming fuzzy memories. We are so blessed to have these babies home with us and be able to watch them grow as quickly as they are. It is not going to be too much longer until they are no longer considered in a "preemie stage" and begin acting like full term babies. Their official due date is in a few weeks (December 9th) and changes are definitely beginning. They are getting more vocal, eating a lot more and able to wear a few more of the outfits we have for them. They change daily in every way including developing each of their very distinct personalities. It is nothing short of amazing to watch.
It is also indescribable how wonderful my mom has been in helping us. She is here every week day and does a tremendous amount of work and errands for us. Also, so many friends have been such a blessing including Kim Landers who has brought us meals every Sunday for months, First Presbyterian Church who also has brought a number of meals and visits, Wendy who is always available to help us make it to a doctors appt. or as an extra hand in caring for the babies, Aunt Patti who was able to head to Savannah whenever we needed her, all of my girlfriends who have called and sent care packages, Aaron's friends and colleagues who randomly drop off diapers or take Aaron out to dinner, Meghan, Lois and Ed (Color Me Happy - Downtown Brunswick) who finished my nursery when I was on bedrest, everyone who helped throw our showers (Carol, Angie, Mabry, Pat, Wendy, Aunt Patti, and Susan) and many many others who have helped in more ways than I can count. Aaron and I both have been overcome with gratitude and will never forget how giving and generous friends have been to us. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone....thank you for helping us bring home such wonderful, happy and healthy babies - we could not have done it by ourselves.
OK...enough sap! Want to see some new pics of these babes? :)
Me holding Mags
Aaron figuring out all those carseats! AND....HE WAS ABLE TO GET ALL THREE TO FIT IN THE FOURRUNNER!!!! NO MORE SPLITTING UP - YAY FOR DADDY!!!!
Katie watching my every move - not quite sure about that camera flash!
Wylie hanging out...waiting for his next bottle!
Daddy gave in....finally time to eat for Wylie!

6 comments:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Car seats and cars..isn't it fun?! Just wait til they're big enough to bug each other! We finally had to separate the youngest set when we traveled and put one of them in the back row of the suburban. Glad they all fit in one car-and now you can truthfully say you get aerobic exercise everytime you have to get them in and out of the car!! Sounds like you have a great support system...meals that you don't have to worry about are the best ever!

color me happy said...

You look beautiful!!!! Can't wait to see you...miss you...

Meghan

Robin said...

Your babies are beautiful! I found your blog because you left a comment on my friend' blog (bowl of barry's). I think I'm going to have to keep coming back to watch these babies grow!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

oh my goodness, they ARE getting bigger and they are so beautiful, just precious! it sounds like things are really going well and you guys seem so happy! it is incredible that you have so much help and support - it makes a world of difference!

Anonymous said...

I love these new pictures. Karen you look wonderful, and Aaron look at my boy putting things together.The babies have changed so, and I know that they are each perfect and beautiful. I look forward to seeing each of you.
Love from Big Papa and Grandmamma Minnie

Anonymous said...

Karen and Aaron,
What an amazing blog. I had not tuned in since after they were born and just sat down and read the whole blog since birth. AMAZING! Most touching to me was your 1 month birthday wish to your children. They certainly have come a long way in a very short period of time. Mark and I look forward to meeting them in December!
Lots of love,
Rhiannon