Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lots to update on...

I know that it has been a few days since the last post. My hopes were to try and put something on everyday but even on bedrest, things get busy. Aaron was home all weekend and part of Monday and part of Tuesday - sick with a cold. Could be the stress of everything going on at work or it could be the arctic temperatures that I have to keep our bedroom 24/7! But he is feeling better today and went on into work which means I have the computer again :)

Mom and I went to another doctors appt. yesterday and received mixed reviews. All of our vitals are wonderful but Dr. Bivens is very concerned about the smallest of the girls. Her size falls within the 8th percentile which means she is way behind normal growth at this stage. The medical term is Intrauterine Growth Restriction (IUGR). Although it is very common for multiple gestations, it can become very dangerous for this triplet as she is not receiving the nutrients and oxygen at the same rate as the other two. Besides the cerclage scare during week 22, this is our first real hiccup during this high risk pregnancy. Good news is that the babies are past 30 weeks so even if they have to eventually take them early, they should be perfectly fine healthwise.

Dr. Bivens has now moved up my visits to twice a week meaning that it is time for me to be spending more time up there. The car rides are exhausting and very uncomfortable for me at this point and it is time to be closer to the hospital anyway. Besides....You think Aaron is nervous having me in the car now, wait till I am in labor! Here is an instance from Friday that I just couldn't help but to share! As I sit in the passenger seat waiting for him to fill up, I hear "UMMM....honey? Do you think that you could pop the trunk?"




On another fun note, we finally got a single 3D shot of the baby boy (the girls still won't show us a good angle)! It is nothing short of a miracle to see this baby that is inside me - it looks just like a real photograph. It took my breath away for a moment because it is REAL! He is a real little boy with eyes and ears, nose and mouth. Just beautiful! I don't have a scanner or I would post him for all to see. I am very proud Mama :)

Well, here is my 30 week profile shot! Can you see a 7lb difference within a week!!!! I am now up 45 lbs and EVERYTHING is becoming very uncomfortable. Changes really happened fast! Last night, I found myself yelling for Aaron to help me get off my back in the bed...I could not physically roll myself over to either side! What a hoot - I felt just like a turtle!

4 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i will keep your smallest little one in my prayers!

i had to laugh at the tie picture...too funny! and you look great for 30 weeks!

Anonymous said...

Hello Sweet One,
Elizabeth and I were discussing last night, how remarkably small you look, seriously. Elizabeth gave some of her friends this web site and asked them to vote on little girl names, preferably Elizabeth.She asked one friend which name she selected and she said Wendy.Any way Andrew and Elizabeth are having fun telling their frinds about the web site and the voting. Love KM

Anonymous said...

Karen,
You look beautiful! I have to say that i was your size with each of my (single) babies (i was obviously too big)! Anyway, you are all in my thoughts, esp the little girl. I am so excited for you guys.
love,
Alia

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.