Today was an exhausting whirlwind. I went to bed around 4a.m and woke up around 8 when Aaron was finishing the before work/let me sleep feeding. While he went to the office for a couple of hours, I had to give all three a bath, pack the diaper bag, make up some formula, feed again, see if the girls now fit in the regular car seats, dress all three for the doctor visit and try to get dressed myself - all before noon when we were supposed to get on the road to head to Savannah. Naively, I thought I could do this by myself. What a wonderful surprise it was when Mom walked through the door! Even with her help, we barely made it.
I had borrowed the Honda Odyssey overnight from the dealership to "see how it does on the highway!" It was SOOOOO nice having everyone in the same car and having Aaron driving! I could relax a little being outside the house for once! We arrived in Savannah only a few minutes late and saw the Eye Specialist who gave us a great report on their eyes. The exam itself was awful though and Aaron had to hold each one because it broke my heart watching it.
We arrived back home around 6 where we had to change and diaper each baby before I headed back to the dealership to return the van. They must be getting sick of seeing me. This has been an everyday process for over a week now! Although I have to admit....for each day we hold out, the deal gets better! I picked up take out on the way home but it had to wait....by the time I got back home it was time for another feeding! Finally got some dinner around 8:30 and rested for a couple of hours.
Since 10:45 (over two hours), I have been struggling with Maggie and Wylie. They finished their bottles but spit up every time I lay them down. I just put them in the "fed bed" and am crossing my fingers it will stick. At one point tonight, I was holding both while they threw up on each of my shoulders. There was nothing more I could do than just hold them and rock. Neither are sleeping right now but at least they are not crying or have milk coming out of their noses! Katie is snoring in the middle....she is as worn out as me! I have to feed them again in an hour so I have decided to just wait it out - after that is my nice long stretch until 9a.m. when the day starts over.
My eyes are crossing, my back hurts, I am thirsty and I want sleep! I wonder if I could make myself fit in one of these empty cribs for just an hour.............
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, what a crazy day!! Good job getting through it all ...it may take a couple days to recover. But as time goes on it will get easier, you already have things you'll try differently next time I bet. It's a learning curve and you're doing great. I hope they stop decorating you with milk and keep it in their tummies. Have a restful day-
Cari
those eye exams are awful aren't they? i am glad they got a good report though...that is wonderful news! and so sweet of your mom to come over and help!
i hope you are able to get some rest soon...i remember feeling that way!
Post a Comment