Sunday, October 19, 2008

One Week Already!

The babies are doing fantastic! Last night, they moved Wylie out of the incubator and into an open bed to see if he can maintain his body temperature by himself. I got to kangaroo care (holding him skin to skin) for the first time and it was an incredible experience. Aaron and I left the hospital around 9:00 last night and he was still doing great. Hopefully he won't have to be moved back from his "big boy bed."

Maggie developed an eye infection and has to have drops for the next week. I knew on Friday that she wasn't feeling well but couldn't put my finger on what was the matter. By the end of the day, she was already looking better.

Katie just continues to grow and be such a happy baby. She has the most facial expressions so far and it is not unusual to find her with her eyes wide awake when we walk into the room. She loves to be held and doesn't ever mind having her diaper changed. Nurses say they hardly ever hear her cry.

Aaron and I took the Infant CPR class yesterday (30 compressions/2 breaths). Even though I have taught CPR for the past 5 years, it felt much different learning it for the sake of our children. I certainly paid extra special attention to every detail she provided!

I am kind of writing this in a rush and will put on some pictures later at the hospital. The Internet (and cell phone service) at the beach is not the greatest and mostly just frustrates me. Then, at the hospital, all we want to do is be with the babies. So posts have gotten kind of slow but I promise to try and do better. Hopefully we will all be home in a couple of weeks (I just felt tears well up as I typed that sentence!!!)

Love to you all - Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

More pictures please!

Anonymous said...

I love you guys! Sounds like things are going great! Please let me know if there is anything you need. You are all in my thoughts. Love you! Tosya

Anonymous said...

KAREN!!!! I just found out & I'm so happy for you guys! I got to go by Aaron's (the original Wylie -- I'm soo HAPPY you named your son Wylie -- you know how I love that name!) office today and it was so sweet to see his face LIGHT UP when talking about you & the trio. He's definately in love! I think the two of you are going to be WONDERFUL parents and I am so excited and happy that the trio are HEALTHY and look HAPPY! Can't wait to meet them!
Take care---Patti Laurens