Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New Pictures!

Hi Everyone!

Here are some new pics of the family....


My favorite picture of Wylie so far!!!!


Katie


Maggie


Kangaroo Care with Wylie


The babies continue to do great. All three are now out of their incubator and into open beds. Maggie still struggles a bit with her body temperature and we have to keep her extra bundled to keep in the warmth. Last night I got to give Wylie and Katie a sponge bath and weigh each of them...all three have gained!!!!


Wylie: 4lbs 6oz

Maggie: 3lbs 15oz

Katie: 3lbs 11oz


Aaron headed back to work yesterday which broke my heart. Being at the hospital without him leaves an awful void and was pretty lonely at first. I tried to rotate around the room, holding each as best as I could. One special moment happened when I walked back into the room after lunch and just when I began to sweet talk Katie, all three suddenly woke up and wanted to be held. I would like to think that it was just hearing my voice! It was a moment I would have loved to share with Aaron and really wanted him with me. Although I don't quite have the confidence yet to bring these little babies home yet - I look forward to having all of us together again without interruption.


Unfortunately, our camera stopped working yesterday. Hopefully when Aaron gets back we can get it to work again. I promise to post more pics as soon as I can!

5 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

what sweet pictures! it sounds like the babies are doing absolutely wonderfully...that is fantastic! hang in there mama, before you know it you will all be at home, back together again!

Nannette, Steve and the creatures said...

All I can say is WOW! Karen! Congrats to you both! How absolutely wonderful!

Nannette

color me happy said...

I'm so happy for you and your beautiful family! I love reading your updates...enjoy the snuggles. I think of you often and can't wait to see you!

Meghan

Anonymous said...

Hey, I want to go along when you guys take them all shopping for shoes...Just to watch. Cynthia

Dana Gardner said...

Hi Karen! I ran into Kim Landers (I think that's her last name) at the KC and the Sunshine Band concert downtown Saturday night and she told me about the arrival of the babies & said she'd forward your blog to me & I'm SO glad she did! I have spent the better part of tonight pouring over it! I think I squealed when I opened it to see that precious picture of Aaron holding all 3 of the babies at once! I am so happy for you guys and so proud of you two! Wow, what an amazing job you have done taking care of those babies and what an amazing job Aaron has done taking care of you! Thank you for sharing your experience through this blog and giving us all a peak into your lives as you continue to experience the most amazing journey ever! As I read each entry my heart fills with happiness for you all & at the same time I have tears of joy as I read about your experiences as parents so far. I can't wait to meet "the trio" & please know that I am a phone call away if you guys need ANYTHING! Love, Dana xo xo xo