Aaron and I finally left the hospital last night and checked into the condo. Even though being right down the hall from the nursery was comforting being at the beach has allowed us to really relax and take everything in. Not to say that leaving was easy! I don't know if it was the hormones or the actual situation, but I don't think that I have ever cried so hard. Poor Aaron. It was really rough but he took it slowly with me. He first packed up the car. Then we went and spent ;some time with the babies. Followed by an early dinner at Red Lobster - in which I had to wear slippers because shoes would not even begin to slide on these monsters - Here is a pic just so I'll remember down the road.... they don't even look like my ankles!

Then back to the hospital until I was ready to say goodnight. We arrived at the condo, unpacked and then I think that we both finally got a good night of sleep. When we woke up this morning, we had coffee out on the balcony looking over the ocean. When I think how stressful times could be, I just can't believe that they are so good. We are both really relaxed and being at the beach is the perfect environment to just be a family. Life just doesn't get any better than what we have right now.
Around noon, we headed into town with a stop at Target first...we both desperately need some clothes to wear as neither packed for a permenant stay last week! I also needed something to put on these feet of mine! When we arrived at the hospital, Aaron's mom was pulling into town from Houston. She'll be staying with us for a bit and helping out.
The nurse allowed all three of us to remain in the room with the babies - which was a lot of fun...usually it is only two at a time. We ended up staying until 6:00 when they kicked us out for shift change. Little Katie stayed out of the incubator almost the whole time while maintaining her temperature - which is a great beginning to her coming home.



Katie
She may be the smallest but she certainly holds her own. Mom says that she has always had to fight a stronger fight being that she was on the bottom and I really think this has helped her now that she is here.
Other updates include all three have upped their feedings and are tolerating it beautifully. Wylie is the only one still under the Bili Light...

The nurse (Kim) said that the girls bili levels had decreased from 9 to 5 which is almost unheard of after only a couple of days. Wylie's color is already beginning to look better and I doubt he will be under it much longer. These babies are miracles in so many ways!!!

Wylie
Each also had their IVs removed last night which has made me feel so much better. I know how bad mine hurt and hated to see them stuck in their little arms. Tonight was also the first time that we were able to hold all three at the same time. Sure was a lot of babies!!!

I can't get enough of these little ones and is so much more comfortable than I am to jump in. He got to give Katie a sponge bath last night which was fun to watch. Afterwards, I took advantage of snuggling with her and calming her down. Good cop - Bad cop! All in all, everyone is doing great. I just feel so thankful and blessed...motherhood is so much more than I ever imagined. I just never knew....
5 comments:
AMAZING TIMES THREE! PLUS TWO = AN AMAZING FAMILY OF FIVE!!
THEY ARE SOOOOO!! CUTE!!!
LOVE,
WENDY M.
i am so happy to hear that everyone is doing well!
The babies ARE amazing! :-) What a blessing. Every day I'm still in awe at my little one...not that she's very little anymore! She knows she has 3 cousins now & we are teaching her their names. So glad to see every one doing well & getting stronger by the day.
Love,
Dawn
What can I say?? Enjoy every second of every day... you are all blessed. Love ya...lois h
Hello Karen and Aaron,
They are each so beautiful. I have only been home 24 hours and I am missing them already.
Grandmama
Kathleen
Post a Comment