Tuesday was a busy and long day. Mom and Aunt Patti packed everything up in the car and we headed to my doctor's appt. In hindsight, we should have packed on Sunday, travelled on Monday and went to the doctor on Tuesday...oh well.
The farther along I get, the longer the doctor visits are. But this one was fun because Aunt Patti got to see the trio on the ultrasound. All looked great and we almost got a 3-D of the largest girl but her arm was in the way - we did get to see one of her little eyes. Not sure if a picture is going to happen at this point - no more room to get a good head shot. Aunt Patti was so impressed with what they can do now before babies are born. It really is amazing!
We didn't end up heading to Tybee until after 4:00. When I arrived, I immediately climbed into bed and slept. They fixed dinner for me but it was such a long day and I was exhausted. I received a call from SecureCare who does my monitoring in the home and they asked me if I had set up the modem yet. Since I was feeling alright, besides being so tired, I decided to figure it out in the morning. Nothing would happen that night...or so I thought.
I woke up around 4:30 a.m. with severe cramping in my lower abdomen. I took one of my pills for contractions, chugged 30 oz of water and waited for an hour - just like I always have. But this time, nothing happened. Around 5:30 I paged the nurse with SecureCare. We tried hooking up the monitor and could not get it to transmit. I had mom and Aunt Patti running around the condo trying to figure things out - we were all a little frantic. It was like the blind leading the blind - no one knew what to do and I was not getting any better. At 7:00 I took another pill - this is the most I have ever taken and nothing was happening. So after a call into tech support in Houston, we finally figured out that the condo requires you to press "9" before making a call. I reset the number and it VIOLA...it worked. I tested for 30 minutes and had 5 contractions (and felt every one!). She said...."Head on in." So off we go.
The rest of the day did not get any better. In fact it was awful. They filled me up with Magnesium Sulfate through an IV that should stop the contractions but makes your skin feel like it is on fire - Mom said even my eyes were turning red. I was having severe back and leg spasms from the contractions. And to add salt to injury, I could only lay on my back because they were tracing all three babies with monitors (laying on my side would have been a tremendous help). They eventually took off the monitors around 11:00 (pretty much AMA because I couldn't stand it any longer) last night only to hook me back up at 7:30 this morning.
But today is much much better. I am continuing to have contractions but no pain. I have a feeling that I might just be here until delivery but we'll see. I do know that Dr. Bivens won't let me go anytime soon. I wanted him to be conservative with my pregnancy and that is exactly what he is doing. He's a good doctor and I am glad he is taking such good care of me and the trio.
So...here I sit. Not a very pretty picture of me but it is what it is. We are in the final stages and the babies should be here anytime. Sunday is Week 32 which is EXCELLENT for the trio. At that point, they should just be growers and feeders in the NICU. I haven't really been able to feel them that much since being hooked up to the Mag - I guess not only does it make me feel bad but probably the babies also.

Newest pregnancy symptoms:
Baby "C" (most likely named Maggie) has begun to climb up on top of my left rib. I can feel her round little head just trying to push up as I am trying to push her back down with my hand. When she gets started, I have to leave my hand there so that she can't continue. I think that she is strong enough to break a rib one of these days!
Baby "A" (most likely named Katie) gets the hiccups almost daily. Rhythmic little thumps at the very bottom of my belly. They usually last about 10 minutes.
Baby "B" (Wylie) really just lays around and gets big. He is going to be my snuggler!
Hope all is well on the outside world...will keep everyone posted as we continue towards the finish line!
3 comments:
hang in there...i know bedrest can be rough, but you are doing great! i am praying for you and those little ones!
You look GREAT! I am glad that you are safe and sound in the hospital. I'm so excited thinking about the babies... they sound like they already have personalities. Wylie seems to already understand that when you are between 2 girls... you just lay low. That's a good life lesson. I love their names. I will let Mother & Daddy know. So maybe they can come by and visit. I know they would absolutely love it. It's fantastic having the family grow... X 3.
Take care. You will remain in my thoughts and prayers. Relax and keep yourself and those babies safe.
Patsy
hi mumford's! you are all in our prayers! thinking of you. love, matt, amy and libby certain
Post a Comment