Monday, September 22, 2008

29 Weeks!

Well, we made it to week 29 which is super! 30 has been our most recent goal so we are almost there. Although, with each completion brings on new concerns. I have spent the entire day worrying about when to make my move to Savannah permenantly. My heart is telling me to get there pretty soon (30 weeks or Oct. 1st).

But where do I go? My grandparents have a house in Savannah but there are a few concerns (no cable, no internet, the showers are too small for my chair and the tub is too dangerous) I shouldn't be greedy but I just want a place I can go that is stress-free and comforting while I wait. I am afraid I would go crazy at their place with nothing to do with my days. So I sat and worried all day today about what the next few weeks hold for me. I have had more contractions today than I have had in a week.

Aaron finally got home - using the term "finally" loosely, he has been wonderful about getting home early and not staying late at the office. We talked and I calmed down a bit. He thinks that he may have somewhere we could stay but won't find out until tomorrow.

On a good note, I had lots of good friends stop by today to check on me. Thanks Joan for lunch, Katie and Ellen for the lap desk, Susan for dinner and Dante for the final episodes of Season Two of Lost which we will watch tonight!

Reflecting on this pregnancy, it just seems that things are flying by. I love being pregnant and the babies are getting stronger everyday. Recently, their kicks literally make my shirt fly off my belly! I am happy that they are getting stronger for that means they will be strong when they are born but it also means they are going to be born soon. I may never feel these things again and it makes me sad. I wish I could bottle it up and pull it out one day when I am feeling sentimental. I am not scared at all about being a mother. I am going to love these babies with every thread of my soul but I know I will selfishly miss having them all to myself like I do now.

I will keep everyone posted about the pending move. Cross your fingers this works out and we won't be on I-95 after one of my waters breat and I am labor! And here is what everyone wants to see....Just how big does someone pregnant with triplets get?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen you are absolutey beautiful my love! How wonderful and crazy this all must be for you...thank you for sharing your experience...i have read it all and am "up-to-date" putting you on the links tabs at the top of this screen and will forward the site to Chris as well...i'm sure he'd enjoy it too! Love you and all those darlings inside of you...

Anonymous said...

You look GREAT!

LOVE...

Your SEESTER

Anonymous said...

Your Aunt Patti sent me the blog address. She has been keeping me up to date on your progress...The blog is such a neat idea. Now I won't have to wait for emails from Patti...You look wonderful!!
Take care of you and your precious cargo....
Laura Ann

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful journey with us & friends, you truly are an inspiration.. Now hang in there, and stop worrying about your impending move to Savannah. Your mother instincts are kicking in soon...you will know what's best for your and your GGB when it is time.

Love you, JP.