Shipley, a name I just can't let go of - her maiden name and what all the girls have always called her - have been wonderful friends for over 14 years. We knew each other when she lived on St. Simons and we were in fourth grade but really became friends when she moved back home to finish high school and was placed in my homeroom. She is a dear friend and one that I truely cherish.
Not too terribly long ago, Shipley and I both found out that we were pregnant. She was ten weeks further than I was and we were both so happy. We were able to really enjoy the first part of the summer together, swimming at her parents, shopping for clothes that would fit, praying that their house in ATL will sell and exchanging stories about all the crazy changes that were happening with our bodies.
.jpg)
This was taken in July
September and October seemed so far away. And now....here it is. Luke has arrived and I am next. Shipley made the whole pregnancy and now the birth (I spoke to her at 4:00 and she "no problem. piece of cake") look so easy. I am so proud of her and now am looking forward to playdates, friendships, overnights, family vacations, and possibly a marriage way down the road ;)
Just like the children from the friendships that my mother shares with her childhood friends, I hope that our children will always have each other to count on and to eventually grow into beautiful adults together. Congratulations Ship and Mitchell - I can't wait to meet the little guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment