Woke up this morning to find two babies with 101+ temps. Wylie and Katie both had developed some sort of sickness practically overnight and this was the first time that I had any of them sick. They have been nothing short of pitiful as their fevers have risen and dropped all day. I took them to Dr. Thompson, scared it was the Swine Flu, but he felt that it was just a viral infection and told me to "hunker down for a couple of days." Little Maggie is just the picture of health...makes me sad to think that she will probably meet the same uncomfortableness in the near future.
Luckily, they aren't horrible when they don't feel well - they just want to be held. It actually has provided some really good cuddle time! I have no idea how moms with triplets, or even twins for that matter, do this by themselves. Mom was over here all day with me and we rarely had a moment where one was not rocking a baby. Mrs. Oswald had fixed a dinner for us yesterday which I had planned on cooking this evening. It was perfect timing to catch a little bit of down time before I find out what this night holds....cross your fingers it won't be an all nighter!
Sorry for another post without pictures...I will try my best to get some soon!
3 comments:
I sure hope it is a quick virus...for their sakes and yours! The only good thing about sick kids...if there can BE any, is that you have a perfect excuse to not get ANYTHING else done. Babies need you and that's what you do for the duration. Hang in there, I hope they sleep well tonight-
Yeah, sickness sucks. We normally sleep either in the kids room or right outside their door. Just in case. It doesn't allow for much rest but it works. I hope they all feel better quickly.
Astrid
Hang in there, Karen. Being sick is not fun, and I am sure you have worry. Just do your best to keep them comfy. It is amazing how fast they can bounce back.
Post a Comment