

After a horrible accident yesterday, we decided that it was time to put Ol' General down. It was awful. We made the appt. at the vet and Aaron and I both took him in. Aaron had to carry him inside and then we were told that we could manage the pain but the outlook was not so great. He was restless and I think ready for peace. No one knows how old he was exactly but he was already an older dog when we rescued him seven years ago. Our hearts are very heavy this evening...
Tomorrow I turn 32...let's hope it is a much easier day than today was. Good night everyone.
4 comments:
So sorry about your dog. But I hope you have a good birthday.
Oh Karen, I so sorry. A family pet has the ability to hold our hearts in a way people can't. I hope the sadness lessens in time. Thinking of you and REALLY hoping you can find some sunshine tomorrow for your birthday. Tell Aaron to bring home chocolate....and don't share....
So sorry to hear about your loss...its so tough to lose a furry member of the family. On a lighter note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a good one! Its gotta be better than yesterday, right? :)
So sorry for your loss, Karen. Hope your b-day was bright despite the heavy heart.
Post a Comment