Monday, August 24, 2009

Help for a fellow triplet mom...

I know things are really tight for everyone but just thought I would put this out there...

There is a mom who is really struggling with triplets plus one. Everyone on tripletconnection is rallying for her so I thought I would throw this out there. She has a paypal account ( sarahgocards1114@yahoo.com )set up and I am sure anything would help. Also, here is her blog:

www.tripletsplus1.blogspot.com

I couldn't imagine being on my own AND without a vehicle. Almost impossible to pull off I imagine. Here is her most recent post:

Thank you all so much for your kind words and offers of help. I am in disbelief that so many people have been willing to help me and my girls. This all started as a joke with me posting I needed $1 from 1500 people or $50 from 30 people to solve my problem. A friend on Facebook saw this and offered $10 from 150 people. Then before I knew it she had set up a pay pal account and donations were coming in from everywhere. As of a few days ago I had at least $875 towards the $1500 down payment. I can't do cash for clunkers because I had a two month lapse in insurance coverage back in the Fall so I don't qualify. My credit is awful due to the foreclosure on the house. I don't have credit cards and haven't for 10 years. It's simply the foreclosure and medical bills (I don't have health insurance in my current job). The only place willing to work with me is Carmax and they want $1500 for a down payment. If I could get my van there they MIGHT give me $200 at best for it. I've even tried those buy here/pay here places and without a down payment they won't work with me. So that is where my dilemma came in to play. As I've said in my blog, I have always been able to find a way. Even when it came to finding my apartment. But with this, I have tried everything I could think of. If it wasn't for my amazing nephew, who is loaning me his pick-up truck, I would need a total of 4 city buses to get the girls and I to school and work in the morning. And vice versa for the evening. There is no school transportation for the girls because they are on hardship transfer to their school. I requested they stay at the school they are at because I pick them up at 3:45 in the afternoon (my lunch break) and bring them back to the preschool I work at until I get off at 5:30. Everything is precariously balanced and without a vehicle, everything falls apart. The ex WILL NOT help. I get child support but it's very little as he only works part-time.

So this is a long post to answer any questions and to say thank you. I would NEVER have posted on here looking for help. So I was very surprised when Julie told me it had been posted here. I am often amazed by the generousity of people. I feel very much like I don't deserve the help. But I am so very thankful for it.

You guys rock!!!

God Bless,

Kristina
divorced MOM
Megan 7/26/00 Blessed Adoption
Abigail, Brigid, Caroline 6/28/03 IVFers 34w3d

No comments: