Sunday, January 18, 2009

Should be Sleeping

After telling Aaron how tired I was last night and making him head out in the rain for take-out, I should be going straight back to bed. But, after the 2a.m. feeding, I am wide awake.

I am trying to get back into the middle of the night routine. Aaron's mom has been doing nights for me for the past two weeks! Let me tell you how much better I feel overall with rest in my system! She unfortunately left on Thursday to go back home. Thank you so much Kathleen for all you did while you were here....I know you worked hard and it made such a huge difference. I hope that you and Galin make it back soon and hopefully, the babies will be sleeping through the night by then!

With me doing night duty again...hopefully posts will be more frequent (it really is the only time our house is quiet!)

I am sure everything is fine and I am just putting this out there for documentation -I am worried about our little girl Maggie. She is lagging behind the other two in weight by almost a pound and this has happened rapidly in the past month. She rarely finishes a bottle right away which is kind of new for her so I usually wait a couple of hours and try again which works sometimes. When she is awake - she is not as happy as I remember her being a few weeks ago. She has developed this raspy cry that will squeal through the house the moment she stirs from a nap. I have started to feed her whenever she does this...sometimes she will take an extra ounce or two which I feel as a victory. I try not to let her cry for fear that she will lose much needed calories. Could it be reflux even though she doesn't spit up like Wylie? Aaron thinks that all babies are individuals and will grow on their own schedule....I am going to give it a couple of more days and then call the doctor if I don't see her plumping up like her siblings.

Here a couple of Maggie this past week. She looks round in these pictures but when you pick her up, there is definitely a difference.





On a positive note, we have solved our quest for the perfect stroller! So, I have been torn between the two different types of strollers that are out there for triplets. One is where the babies sit one in front of the other - almost like stadium seating! The benefit is that it will fit through doorways but I wouldn't really be able to take it for walks around the neighborhood because you can't really jump a curb. The second type is where all three sit side by side. This is awesome for walks but can't fit through doorways!

Well...I have been watching an auction on Ebay for this great umbrella stroller that is only available in the U.K. After a couple of failed bids, I emailed the lady who lives in Jacksonville and she sold it to me for a steal. It is a great stroller but turns out to be kind of heavy and awkward. But I couldn't wait to try it out so on the first sunny day....here we go for about half an hour. I can't wait for it to warm up for strolls downtown!




Then, on a stroke of luck (and huge generosity from my friend Lea who has GGB 3 year olds locally), I received a 2008 Runabout stroller for free - which is the stadium type seating. So now I have both kinds!!!! I really like the Runabout but know that it is going to turn some heads...doesn't do much for staying incognito with the trio! I don't have a picture yet but will soon. Thanks again Lea for giving this to us...you are too wonderful!

Ok...here are a few more pics to share. How awful is this one of Wylie...this is how I found him the other afternoon!




And Katie Bug...



4 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

look at those sweet faces, i cannot believe how cute they are! i would look into silent reflux, maggie could have that. i hope everything is ok!

Robin said...

Can you ever really be incognito with triplets?! Love the picture of Wylie with his feet sticking out of the crib.

Anonymous said...

They are sooo cute!

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

One of them always has to have an issue...and it starts SO early!! And she could possibly have reflux-Greogry didn't spit up, he jsut made these guttural utterances that came up his throat and then cried since it was acid in his throat basically. He would try to stop himself from doing this by not breathing!! FUN! But he did not spit up like what one would think comes with reflux. Glad you got some strollers-it is always good to have options for the different places you go, especially if one offers more storage versus fit. Wide open places are great for the side by side, stadium seating best for stores (since they can't seem to understand what it means to be HANDICAP accessible....usually end up knocking things over and I don't feel all that bad about it if they insist on cramming the aisles with so much stuff!) Hope Maggie picks it up for you soon. Hang in there and trust your instincts.