Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How Quickly We Adjust!



My Mom and her friend Susan Dubs have taken the babies for a walk leaving me about an hour to myself. How strange it feels! I am finding myself still tiptoeing around the house or hesitating to crumple up old wrapping paper! Our lives have certainly changed. With them out of the house, even for just a mere hour, makes things feel so vacant, empty. They are so much a part of me now. I can't imagine anything better....I hope they hurry back.

Here is a little playtime...I think I know who the boss is going to be! Look at those chunky legs!!!!



Poor Maggie - and she is the oldest!






My sweet sweet babies...

6 comments:

JaxMom said...

How adorable! I usually find myself spending my time away from Jackson shopping for him, cleaning for him or talking/blogging about him.

I hear him cry in the night, even when he is not there.

It definately is change, but good change.

Enjoy the little moments, with them and your quiet times.

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

They look so happy! Love the one of them on your bed...too cute and they look so comfy. I feel the same way when just one of mine is out of the house, the whole dynamic changes. Can't say that I feel the same way as you of 'hope the hurry back' but if they were still as cuddly I'm sure I would! Usually I hope I can get just 5 more minutes of peace (keep in mind the oldest are 9!).

color me happy said...

I'm so glad we got to visit yesterday...I can see how happy you are and who wouldn't be with those sweet angels? You are a fantastic mom and we'll get together REALLY soon again...

Meg

Rebecca said...

Hi! I'm aunt to Daniel and Sofia and have been following your blog a bit. I have a 10 week old myself, who just the other night slept from 8 - 5:30, so I can only imagine the success you feel at all 3 sleeping through the night! Congrats! They are all adorable :).

Nicole O'Dell said...

Your babies are beautiful! Congratulations!

I found your blog by link hopping. It's really cute!

Nicole O'Dell said...

Thanks for being my 100th follower! I added a blurb at the bottom of my post with a link to you. :)

Now, to answer your question about bedtime routine, it doesn't really matter "What" you do it that you do it exact same way every night. Here's what we do:
5:00 everyone gets a big bottle. For them that's about 6oz.
5:30, everyone gets a diaper change.
5:30-6 or 6:15, we play on the floor of the nursery. Tummy time toys, books, whatever.
During that time, someone goes and turns off the lights in the family room and starts Baby Einstein Beethoven (we tried altering the movie, but that messed us up. It needs to be the same one every night to signal bedtime and we don't play that movie any other time.)
6:15, they go into their walker to watch the movie. Car seats or bouncies would work fine too. mine like the walkers even thought heir feet don't touch the floor. lol The room is dark and they stare at the screen with the bright lights and it tires out their eyes.
By 6:30 they're ready for their final bottle. Which is usually just a few ounces.
By 7:00 everyone is in bed (usually by 6:30).

The first few nights we did this and really stuck to it, we had to go back in a few times. We did the 5 mins, then wait ten, then wait 15 before going in. We never got to 15.

Now, they thrive on that routine and happily snuggle in to bed and don't make a single peep.

Last night, Logan and Ryleigh went 13 hours and Megan went the 13 hours but got up for a 3 oz bottle in the middle.

Sorry so long...I don't have your email address...feel free to delete this from your comments if you want to.

Hope it helps! Feel free to ask anything. Nicoleodell6@gmail.com