Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Three Months!

So...we have made it through the first 90 days! As when I was pregnant with the babies, I would have goals set...24 weeks, 28 weeks, 30 weeks, etc. Now that they are here, 3 months was my first "milestone." Everyone who has multiples say that this period is the most difficult and here we are - we have weathered the storm! It really hasn't been that difficult just a lot of readjustments to our lives.

I guess I have hit some lows from the lack of sleep and there have certainly been tears from being so overwhelmed at times but looking back, all I can think of are how wonderful this experience is. The pride I have when I take the babies on walks around the neighborhood, the tender moments after the 6 a.m. feeding when the entire house is quiet and I have one on one time with each, the smiles that are now given regularly, the sounds of little voices coming over the monitor all through the day and night. I even love the inability to entertain friends while taking care of babies or the simple gratification they show when I give them something as simple as a paci.

Each baby has changed in so many ways already....Maggie has these tender looks she will give while smiling with her dimple showing, Katie has the feisty side to her but is nothing short of a sugar baby who loves to soak in a warm bath and Wylie continues to love being held close to the heart...a place where they all will always have. And the beautiful thing is is that I know it only gets better!

Here are some shots from the past week. I know that my post are becoming less frequent...I promise I am trying!

Katie


Maggie


Wylie visiting Aaron at the Courthouse


Wylie


Katie


Wylie with a chocolate kiss on his cheek from Minnie


Maggie


Katie


Me hanging out with the babies


Also...just a side note - I want to say how much I have been thinking of my late father who would have turned 64 today. I can only imagine how much he would have loved and enjoyed these grand babies.

4 comments:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Good for you....cute pictures of all of them but my favorite is the close up of Maggie...that's a framer for sure. You always look so happy in every picture you are in, despite the craziness you now call life. Just think the next 3 month milestone will bring them to 6 months old!!

Robin said...

Congratulations on surviving the first 3 months! Your babies are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

what sweeties! happy 3 months!

JaxMom said...

Congratulations, and happy 3 month birthday!

You are doing great, and you are right - it WILL only get better. The next three months willgo by in flash. I was thinking that while spying on Jax putting his clothes on today. Enjoy their little voices, snuggles and hugs.

I am not sure if you ever feel rested again, but the brain does kick in every now and then.