So we made it! A whole year has flown by and now we have three one year olds! I can hardly believe it. We had a really fun party on Sunday. The babies did great! I was worried about crowd anxiety for them but they just went right along with everything like pros. We even had a good showing with the smash cakes! Thank you everyone who came and everyone who sent birthday wishes. We could never have made it through these past two years (including my pregnancy) without you!
Before everyone arrived, Beth attempted to take some pictures...definitely getting a little more tricky! You should see all 40 of the outtakes!
Look at all the presents! My once spacious playroom now looks earily similiar to Aisle 17 in Toys R Us!
Here are the cakes...decorated with what else? Cheerios! Mom made the cakes using the babies favorite thing of the year! Turned out really cute! We all did cupcakes as ice cream cones to go with the theme - so much fun!!!
Everyone outside - weather report called for rain but no such thing! It was a beautiful 88 degree day!
Aaron did a great job with the lowcountry boil! He and Cliff getting things started...
Cake Time!!!
Mom was so worried about the babies eating all this sugar...she went inside and got some milk to help them wash it all down!
This was the cutest part of the whole afternoon! Wylie wouldn't have anything to do with his cake, high chair or the crowds. Aaron picked him up and gave him one of the chocolate cupcakes which he loved. Then, he started to play a game with Aaron which had him in stitches - whenever Aaron would try to eat his cupcake, he would just roll with laughter....teasing his daddy back and forth with the cone. I wish we had it on camera. It was really cute!
UGH...the aftermath! Poor Maggie!
Onto presents! My niece and nephew helped open all the gifts - Thanks Pierce and Sally!!!
WOW!!! A new car!!!
So here comes another year full of wonderful memories, adventures and family. I am having the time of my life right now...this is what it is all about!
4 comments:
Happy first birthday to your little ones!
Too CUTE! I love 1st birthdays. Those are the best ones. To me, no other birthday my children have celebrated have been as fun as the first!
And after each first birthday, I always felt like I could breathe again! I don't know what is was... but I felt like "We did it!" We survived!
Now... on to bigger and better! Promise!
Thanks for sharing that birthday with us! :)
Anna
I don't know how I missed this post!! What a wonderful afternoon you all had! Karen, you look beautiful-everytime I see you, well on camera anyway, your face just beams! Love the picture of the three guys in a row eating the cupcake ice cream cones....so funny! And Wylie with his chocolate covered face is priceless!! Congrats to a year under your belt, a team effort that is so worth all the craziness. Brace yourself for ages 6-10....let me tell ya' it's a zany ride! Love you!
What a fun day! Where does the time go?? Sam will be 2 next month...crazy. Soak it all up!
Post a Comment