Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lost Wages, Nevada

So, with Galin and Kathleen volunteering to watch the babies, Aaron and I decided we needed to get away for a few days. This was the first time in almost three years that we have travelled and I have to admit...I had no idea what to think concerning Vegas. We wanted to find a place that would keep us occupied, not many children and somewhere we haven't been. We usually head down to Mexico but this year with everything going on (Swine Flu, Drug Cartels), we decided to stay stateside. Vegas fit the bill for what we were wanting and we both kind of knew that we wouldn't get back to something like this because next year we want to bring them with us on vacation.

It certainly was different from what we usually do. Neither one of us are big gamblers but we do enjoy good food and nice hotels. It was kind of a long trip but really nice to have just one on one with Aaron. Except for one day, he was able to leave work behind and we had a good time together. Thanks Kathleen and Galin for keeping the babies. They did a wonderful job!

Saying goodbye to Katie-Bug

For once we got to the airport with plenty of time

Here we go

Hoover Dam

Vegas Airport


Our hotel...The Palazzo


First Day Out




Ellis Island...Aaron was so excited to find this place. "It is where the locals go."
Not! What a rat hole!

Michael Jackson had just died while we were out there. Madame Tusseaud did a nice tribute outside the museam.

I ran into Whoopie Goldburg ;)

The only day Aaron thought about work

Yum!

Casino Royale!


The only time we could stand the heat was first thing in the morning. Average temp was 104!

We ran into Frank Mir at the MGM which was pretty cool...he ended up losing the fight though later that weekend.

Walking around






Our last night, we decided to see a show. We chose "Jersey Boys" which was a wonderful production about the Four Seasons. We had dinner at Mario Batali's restaurant from the Food Network...it was awful but the table was great! After dinner and the show, we hit the casino in our hotel. War was the game of choice since Blackjack was very lucky to us! It was probably my favorite night!




After they claimed all my chips...it was time to say goodbye.


When we got back home, Kathleen and Galin had not missed a beat! The babies were happy to see us and were still sleeping through the night! Life was good!

3 comments:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

I am so happy that you had some time without the 3 munchkins.....trust me, take it when you can get it!!! Cuz when they are 5 and giving you attitude or asking 100 questions within a 5 minute period, you'll wish you were in Vegas again....and you won't care WHAT the temp is!!Looks like you all had fun!

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Forgot to add that I do feel nearly obligated when we go someplace without the kids to wear a sign that says 'I have 5 kids' because without them we feel like we are a waste of space!!

Nannette, Steve and the creatures said...

I am still kicking myself that we missed you guys ... I can't believe how big the babies are!!! To think, next week I'll have ONE of my own ! I love that you went to Casino Royale, that is my favorite casino and where I learned to play blackjack :)

Glad you only had to endure 104 degree heat ... we are topping 115 now! :)

Nannette