.jpg)
Have you ever had one of those dreams that stuck with you throughout the day? As short as it seemed to be, I have had visions of it all morning. I walked into a room where the babies were sitting. All of a sudden they looked up at me smiling and were able to hold their arms up for me to pick them up. And that was it....
Each day brings something new with the babies. This dream is probably the next skill they will learn and I find myself so eager and excited. Watching them grow and learn each milestone has been the most wonderful experience I could ever imagine. What miracles they are!
We had a busy weekend and poor Aaron was home alone most of it juggling at least two babies if not three! All my girlfriends came into town for baby showers, engagements and Baptisms. Friday night I headed over to Polly's new home for a get together with some of us. Susan and Michael had gotten engaged earlier in the day and I had hoped to see her new ring! Alas....I headed home before they even arrived. Granted, I left at 10:30 but still - unable to hang like I used to!
Saturday, I took little Maggie to Polly's shower. She was SUPER!!!! Not one cry the entire afternoon! She just smiled and napped while everyone passed her around. Just one of the girls! I think Jenny and Susan were the only ones with cameras so I hopefully will be able to post some pics as soon as they send them (hint hint).
On Sunday, Luke was Baptised at St. Simons Presbyterian Church. I decided to take Wylie since these two boys are bound to be best friends like their mamas! Again...super behavior! I really have some fabulous babies :)
Shipley, Luke, Wylie and Me before church started
The Baptism - Luke did great!
Most of the girls at the reception hosted by Shipley's MIL
Susan and Wylie
And here some shots for Daddy Time!
I warned him Maggie's tummy was full of milk!
Nap Time
Heading to the Farmers Market!
It's been a long day...
Talk about milestones - On to highchairs already! Of course...no picture of Maggie. She has no interest in solids yet.
One of the sweetest moments happened when I saw an old friend Amy Spearman Certain at Polly's shower. As soon as she saw Maggie, she held her little hand and stated "I am so glad to finally meet you....we prayed very hard for you little one." It sent me back to those scary days while pregnant - something that seems so far removed to me now. I am so thankful for all the prayers we received during that time. It remains something I will always hold dear in my heart. Thank you Amy and everyone else who helped get these little angels safely here.
Have a great week everyone....off to feed the babies (15 minutes late already!)
3 comments:
Wow, sounds like a crazy busy fun weekend! Glad you had some one on one time with your little guy....I'm sure those opportunities are few and far between. Love the spit up in Aaron's hair...CLASSIC!!
How fun to go out with one baby at a time...you must feel like you are forgetting something when you do that. Arms reaching up are the best...then the Mommy! all the time makes you smile...then they are 3 riding in the car and say Mommy, I love you! for no reason--it takes the cake. It just keeps getting better!
So sweet! I am so happy that these little ones are doing so well. Maggie was so sweet and such a cuddle bug. I want to see the rest the next time we are home!
And just wait until they reach those arms up for you. It is the best feeling!
Love you all!
Post a Comment