Maggie
Katie
Months really are flying by. Today I finally gathered a zip lock full of pictures that I crammed together when we were told the babies would all be discharged out of Memorial in two days. My intentions were to label the back of each and place in an album. What ended up happening was that I found it difficult to identify which baby was who. Something I never dreamed would happen! They each have changed so much from those awful days in Savannah. They are no resemblance what so ever of those babies. These are not even pictures that I enjoy looking at any longer. I ended up putting them back in the bag in hopes that maybe Aaron will help me one day soon sort through them.
Although, I have to admit...these days are not much easier. I am so exhausted after their 5:00 witching hour that most nights I am dead asleep by 8:30. I wouldn't change a thing but I really had no idea how much work it takes to entertain and pacify three babies all day long. Mom and I continue to break out new toys to see if they work - even if it last half an hour, we call it a success. Our sun room is slowly being taken over with these huge, stationary things that require copious amounts of batteries and don't fit through doorways. Pacifiers are stashed in every swing, crib and bouncy that we own - and we still can never find one. Laundry is always in the dryer. Albeit, I have found a new positive habit of making our bed everyday - even if I don't find the time to shower, I will make our bed. I believe only because it feels so good to climb in after we get the babies to sleep!
Times are hard. I can't wait for them to be able to do more things that won't wear them out so easily. I look forward to days where we can all go to the playground and let them run. Or to take them out to the beach with shovels and pails. Or when we can walk down to the courthouse for lunch with Aaron. I know these days are right around the corner and I know that I will look back at this time with fond memories. But for now, it is just really tough.
It is 9:00 and I am ready for bed. But before I make it to our room, I will tiptoe into the nursery and look at these wonderful blessings that I prayed for many many nights this time last year and be grateful that I have them. Each is so very unique and special. As much as I feel down on myself sometimes, I really wouldn't have it any other way....
2 comments:
Wow-4 months already! They look so sweet and happy. Hang in there-by 6 months they are entertained a little easier and enjoy the world around them a whole lot more. And just think...you'll have 3 built in entertainment units..a Maggie, a Wylie and a Katie. They are highly specialized units as no 2 are alike and they will provide all kinds of wonderful fun, laughs, giggles and smiles for each other!! It's just around the bend...a light at the end of one of the many tunnels you'll travel through. Have to say your pacifier comment made me smile...we did the same thing and when you need them they are NEVER where you left them! We LOVED the binky keepers that attached to their clothes :-) I still keep one in my spare 'junk' drawer even though they haven't used them in 3 years. I smile every time I randomly come across it.
oh my goodness, what a touching post. it so aptly puts into words those feelings of parenting during those months. happy 4 months you precious little beauties!
Post a Comment