Thursday, December 18, 2008

Quick Update - Pretty boring!

Things are definitely becoming more and more interesting. The babies are becoming very active these days and how to keep them entertained has become the million dollar question! Even before I start to feed them, I am asking myself where I am going to put them once they are done. They really don't like many of the bouncy seats or swings yet but I continue to try. Plus the space that everything takes up!!!! As of right now, we are really contained in the nursery but every square foot has become prime real estate. I continue to work on Aaron to give up his office for a family room which is right across the hall from the kitchen and next door to the nursery...he has started to budge a little bit - we'll see!

Wylie's reflux has gotten so much better. He still has episodes but nothing compared to that horrible last week. Katie and Maggie continue to just go with the flow. Both girls are so alert and sometimes manage to stay awake an entire three hours. They are sleeping pretty good during the night....usually four to five hour stretches with only one or two little fusses in between. We head back to Savannah for our last eye appt on Monday thank goodness - then no more out of town for awhile!

Mom continues to come M-F and help with the babies. As tired as I am, I know what a blessing I have in her. I spoke with another triplet mom who was in the hospital room next to us in Savannah and she has zero help. They finally hired someone last week to come from 11p-2a to help with two feedings but she had been doing it almost completely by herself. I can't imagine how exhausted she must have felt.

With Mom being here all week, Katie has really bonded with her. All the babies love the attention she gives but Katie is something else. She can be asleep to the world and when she hears Mom, she is wide awake and wanting to be held. The other day, she watched Mom walk out of the room and as soon as she was out of sight began screaming. I have to admit it is pretty cute and Mom is eating it up!

The new pastor at First Presbyterian Church came by the house last night to visit. She and her husband Joseph bought their house right around the corner from us and aren't much older than Aaron and me. We really liked her.

Sorry I don't have any new pictures. Our camera is on the fritz - It only comes out as black fuzz. Hopefully Santa will be bringing me a new one or something to capture these sweet moments!!!! I would love to show everyone our mantle that is FULL of Stockings or our Christmas tree full of new ornaments that read "Wylie" "Katie" and "Maggie"....I LOVE IT and may keep them up until Spring :)

Love you all and have really enjoyed the Christmas cards that have come in. Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Season.

Karen

5 comments:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

That's actually really nice to hear that things are a little 'boring'! It means you've got good babies and a great attitude. Hope the eye appt goes well. Enjoy the warm weather!!

JaxMom said...

Love the updates. Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but Jax much preferred the swing with one of those head surround insert thingies you use for carseats when they are so tiny. He seemed to like the feeling of being surrounded, so despite the summer birthday, I always filled in the space around him with blankets and such until he got larger for the swing or bouncy. Just a thought. I know every baby is different.

Hang in there and Merry Christmas!

color me happy said...

I love the idea of the mantle FULL of stockings! Please post a picture when you get one...ours seems full with four this year...

We're keeping our heads above water...err...pottery over here...very busy! hope to see you soon...

Meghan

Anonymous said...

Some babies just don't like to swing back and forth but like the swings that go from side to side. Have you got one of those?

I am so glad to hear that things are going so smoothly for you. Y'all are doing such a great job! I know Nancy is eating up the special attention she is getting from Katie. :o)

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Love the Christmas card. The babies are beautiful.
Merry Christmas to all. Tell the family we send our love.
Patsy, Aunt Mary, & Uncle Joe