Monday, December 8, 2008

First Day Alone

YIKES!!! Mom called last night to tell me she has the crud....Looks like I will be winging it by myself for the next few days. Honestly, I am a nervous wreck. So far I have kept things above water but it is pretty busy. Just fed Wylie for the second time and the girls are starting to stir leaving me only a couple of minutes to hold him before putting him down (and hoping that he doesn't spit up while I feed the other two).
On top of that, the doorbell! Thinking that I would have Mom to help, we started the most recent renovation on a rental this week. The contractors understand that I am here alone but they are still coming by with questions (the house is just behind us and is easily walked). Am I a glutton for punishment or what! Here is where we are in the project....







Will keep you posted as the progresses....if I can still see straight!

5 comments:

Team Darnell said...

I remember the first day alone with the boys, it was rough at times but it was the best thing for my confidence as their mom. With everyday that would pass, I would feel better and if I could conqur this, I could leap tall buildings in a single bound! Hang in there, it gets easier but don't rush these moments.... they grow up so fast.

JaxMom said...

Karen - Happy Due Date! Thanks for your comment. I love reading the story of your three. Sounds like such an adventure.

My niece was born 2lb 4oz at 28 weeks, and also thrived in the NICU. She is now a sassy and bright 4th grader!

My little house looks like a brick and remodeled version of your rental. Good luck with it.

I will enjoy following your tykes. Good luck this week.

JaxMom said...

Karen - Happy due date! Thanks for your comments. I look forward to reading about your trio.

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

You'll do great and get through it...you just have to! Remeber to eat yourself, that's an easy one to forget. Think how proud of yourself you'll be and how glad you'll be when your mom is feeling better :-)

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

you will do wonderful! yes it is busy, but enjoy it because time flies and you will be chasing toddlers before you know it!