Monday, February 1, 2010

How Cute!!!

So this morning, two breakthroughs happened....

First, I was watching Wylie play with the cardboard bricks that he got for Christmas. Up until this point, it has just been for daddy or me to build and let him knock down (followed by a "HOORAY" of course!). What does he do this morning? I look over and he has stacked two bricks with a Lego placed stratigically on top! This may seem really minor to anyone but me, but I just thought it was the cutest thing ever...his first fort! Of course, as soon as he saw how happy this made me, he immediately knocked it down, started clapping and waited for his YAAAY!

Then....Maggie just proves over and over how she is the caregiver of the group. I was feeding them breakfast this morning in the playroom. They seem to eat better in there but it does require us following them around a little to get them to eat. As I was trying to coax Katie to eat another bite, here comes Maggles with a cracker in her hand. She walks (and Yes, walking is no big deal to her at this point!) over to Katie and gently puts the cracker in Katie's mouth. Katie thought this was the funniest thing ever and the two just continued their game for quite a bit of time. One less thing for Mama to do I guess!

I think that we have really turned a corner with the babies. It seems that everyday, they all learn something new. Katie does this hilarious routine where she is learning to stand from sitting - over and over, she puts her behind in the air and pushes herself up. Wylie is getting pretty good at walking these days, although, Maggie takes the cake on getting around on two feet.

Individual Things Right Now:

Maggie loves playing "This Little Piggie." She has started to point at things. Always will share toys with whoever grabs them out of her hand. Loves when Wylie pushes her around in the Cozy Coupe. Will open and climb in any drawer that she can. Is still the smallest of the three.

Katie loves when her Daddy gets home. Is our animal lover. Can keep herself busy forever with books. Is the best pointer. Has the largest vocabulary (DaDa-Dad, Bah-bird, MMMM-hungry, Ba-bath, PaPa-apple) Has a bad habit of biting these days. Is Grandmama's girl.

Wylie is still pretty attached to me but is getting a bit better. Loves to climb on the table. Can play a game of back and forth ball really well. Is my best sleeper and eater. Says Mama all the time. Beginning to show interest in books. He, overall, is just a sweet baby.

We have had some really nice weather lately so everyone has had a lot of outdoor time on the new deck. I have started to exercise by walking with a couple of girls I know...If I could only talk Aaron into that gym membership though! OK...enough rambling!

(I would attach pictures but am on the wrong computer. Will try to download some tonight)

1 comment:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Great to hear how they are learning so many new things. And boys I think are eternally mama's boys. And that's OK, because Miss Laurel is sometimes a little TOO independent and a little TOO much a Nana's girl. TOnight, he asked to me to carry him (all 40+ pounds of him) and his blanket down the hall to bed. Laurel? She was already there! Can't believe all the words they are saying!!