Thursday, March 5, 2009

Maggie



Last night, as I was getting the babies ready for bed, I watched Maggie. Surrounded by her brother and sister, she was perfectly content watching our nighttime routine of Baby Einstein. But what caught my attention was her sense of calm and joy that she has had recently. Her little legs were just a dancin as she would squeal with complete happiness at the toys being flashed across the screen. She was her own little person and she was having fun.

I know that they will always be a triplet but as I watched Mags, my wish is that each will always know who they are as an individual. She was not concerned at all with Wylie being fidgety or Katie beginning to fall asleep. She was just being Maggie.

Being a mother of triplets has turned out to be the most wonderful gift that anyone could ever experience. Sure I am exhausted but moments like this shine brighter than anything else. I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

And even better that you ahd the sense and where with all to notice her being her....it gets harder as they get older and there are days I feel like a dunce when I can't think of an answer about one of my kids...but I know how great they each are and their strengths and weaknesses...does it really matter that in any given moment I can't remember which one needs ketchup on their burger? Great job taking it all in, even in the midst craziness!

Anonymous said...

Karen & Aaron,
WOW.. they have really grown... and they are beautiful.
Send me your current email and your mother's. I wanted to send her a note.
Thank you. Give them all a big hug and kiss for me.
Patsy (prann@mindspring.com)

Kelly Haver said...

Karen you just brought tears to my eyes...these babies don't know how lucky they are yet! so big and beautiful they all have become...so happy for you!